Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Training Day 3

Monday marked the start of a month long tone up, slim down.

I realize that it'll be much easier to reach my goal time on May 8th in Solvang of 1 hour, 30 minutes if I drop about 11 lbs in the next month. As much as I hate (that's not even a strong enough word) interval training, I'm incorporating 400m of fast running with a rest in a 4-5 mile run two times each week. Really - shoot me.

To boost the fat burning and muscle build, I jumped back on the Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" bandwagon... again... for the 4th time. Each day I take on a 40 minute circuit training workout focusing on weights and a blast of cardio intensity. I understand that I have a strange sense of determination to reach the finish of any race, workout or goal, but even I think I take it to another level when I actually imagine her yelling at me like I'm a contestant on The Biggest Loser. Crazy bitch. Me, not her. Promise Jillian (don't kill me).

Then I get this email from Glamour magazine claiming a bikini ready body in 30 days. So, what do I do? Exactly...sign up. So now I'm running fartleks, I have Jillian yelling at me and I have some dude claiming if I actually DO crunches then I'll look better naked.

And I'm cutting out the tortilla chips for 30 days. Now, you know I'm determined.

Day 3 Recap: Glamour crunches (shoot me); off day for Jillian Michaels (yessss); Signal Hill run (kill me now).

No comments:

Post a Comment