Today: Jillian Michaels Day 3 (weee!); Glamour cardio-intervals (combined with Jillian Michaels); 4.25 mile run
Today felt great! After doing the Jillian Michaels workout and the cardio-intervals required of me to look great naked (I still think it's a funny term...), I was ready to get out on a run. I tried to wait until the sun started its descent, but by 5:30pm my legs wanted to move. My left calf is quite sore, which made sprints during the interval training difficult at first, but it loosened up and I didn't notice it while out on the run. I didn't want to push it too hard on the run, so I went out there to enjoy it. Apparently, my "easy" pace is now 8 minute, 10 second miles. I wasn't trying to push it, but also wasn't really paying attention to my pace. I was just running at what was comfortable.
Plus, it was a gorgeous day! That always makes running more fun. The breeze cooled down the 80 degree temperature, but wasn't so strong that it slowed me down. Even along the bike path. The path and the beach were both packed. I love that Long Beach is such an active city - we have great running paths, biking routes and tonight every volleyball court was taken, the basketball court was hopping and the were a bunch of people kayaking and wind surfing. Summer is on it's way, that's for damn sure. Patio magazine days will be in full effect.
This weekend is the Seal Beach 10k and is my first 10k race ever. I don't know how I'm going to attack this race, but we'll see. I'm just going to go out there and run it. And most likely kill myself. Afterward, I'll be rewarded with a Yucatan's mango margarita (yes, at 10am - don't judge). Then going to watch Lori run the Warrior Dash, then a work celebration and off the Matt's birthday party. Super busy, but will be super awesome.
Then Sunday is a total day off. Total.
No comments:
Post a Comment