Saturday: nada (way too busy again)
Sunday: 8.68 miles @ 8 minute pace
Welcome to the last week of intense training!!! Let's go rolling hills and squats and very, very light arm work! Woo!
My shoulder is still sore, but I'm looking less like a Velociraptor. The pain and weakness didn't bother me on my run - phew. I'm still taking it easy since strong arms aren't necessarily important when it comes to sub-8 split times and minimizing the screaming from my quads. Although, I guess my burly arms could punch out my whining quads if they start to howl too loud. Show 'em who's boss biceps! Actually, joking aside, when my legs are dying I focus on how strong my arms are working since those lucky bastards are just along for the scenery and aren't feeling much pain.
Speed work is coming back after I slacked off last week. Eh, sometimes you just need a little break to regain focus; however, I think I've spent too many weeks training since I was joining the ladies on their runs for their race this weekend. But I'm ready and this is what we're doing this week:
Monday: 4 mile Alamitos Heights hill run, 4 x 1 minute sprints, jump squats
Tuesday: 8 mile Alamitos Heights hill run, standard squats
Wednesday: 4 mile Signal Hill run, lunges, jump squats, split squats
Thursday: 6 mile tempo run
Friday: 3 mile easy run, lunges, jump squats, split squats
Saturday: 2 mile sprint run
Sunday: 11.2 miles @ 8:45min
Next Sunday I'm beginning to pace a friend for her half marathon in Scotland (jealous...) at the end of May. She's hoping to run 8:30 minute miles and has been running about 9 minute miles recently. So, we're pushing it a little harder, but she is a strong, focused and determined runner and will need to overcome any doubt that she cannot. Her new Garmin GPS toy should help (jealousssss....).
No comments:
Post a Comment