Monday, April 12, 2010

Training Day 8

Today: umm, ooops!

Today didn't exactly work out as planned. My alarm woke me up at 6:15 am and I promptly turned that racket off. I didn't really go back to sleep, but laid in bed until 7:05 am. I got up, got some coffee, made some breakfast and watched the news. By the time 8 am rolled around, I was napping on the couch. I had to be at work at 9:30 am and I luckily woke up at 8:45 am, got dressed and went in to work. I couldn't for the life of me focus and find a rhythm all day. When I got off at 3:15 pm (I know, right? Boo hoo - 6 hour shift), I took my yogurt, milk and strawberries out of the back fridge, and left the store...without my food. I had to turn around and pick it up, separating me from the couch for another 15 minutes.

Once home, I made a quick sandwich and ate some chips (yeah - totally lied about not eating tortilla chips...) and slept for 2 hours before getting up at 6 pm to go to school. With a little help of coffee, I made it through class and Gossip Girl.

Side note - have you ever been to 7-11 to get coffee? It's like the mecca of do-it-yourself coffee. There's the regular, dark, decaf and various flavors, with all the creamer flavors you ever need, all kinds of syrups, spices, marshmallows and whipped cream. The best part is - a 20 oz is $1.59. I don't bother with anything smaller, but I'm sure it's like 10 cents less per cup size. That's a steal! I work in the coffee industry and I would prefer going to 7-11 for my coffee! And it's not even bad coffee.

Anyway - so, my body obviously needed to recoup from this weekend. Which, FYI, was a blast! I raced, went to another race, celebrated Matty's birthday and got a non-runner to purchase good running shoes. I always think it's a small victory to get a casual runner to throw down $100 on a good pair of running shoes. It's like the opportunity for the running bug to bite someone increases with a good pair of shoes from a running store. Muah-ha-ha-ha Lori... see you at the start line.

No comments:

Post a Comment