Friday (Day 12): Jillian Michaels Day 8 (I'm a little behind)
Saturday (Day 13): Jillian Michaels Day 9/10 (Caught up!)
Sunday (Day 14): 1 hour run and Glamour crunches
I'm a little bit behind on my training, but pretty much caught up. Since I was so busy last weekend, the weekdays were all about catching up and I think that took a bit out of me. I'm back on track now and ready to reach my goal of 1 hour, 30 minutes in Solvang. Especially since I weighed in this morning...
147.2 lbs.
I gained a pound. Now I'm 12 lbs away from my goal with 3 weeks until the deadline. The good news is that I feel much stronger. I'm powering up hills and my average pace is dropping to sub-8 minutes when running on relatively flat courses. I'm hoping it's my body building up muscle, which will only kick start the burn.
What's going to help is a slight change in my diet. I'm going to get good snack foods and lots of tuna and goat yogurt and fruit at the store today. It's the snacks that kill me each day. I think I crave the crunch and convenience of chips. Because really, after getting up at 4:15am, working on my feet for 8 hours, the last thing I want to do is wait for my lunch to cook. I'll be packing some carrots instead of chips. And for those sweet cravings, I'm going to make some granola and mix it with dried fruit.
I'm breaking up with chips, crackers, leftover Easter candy and peanut butter for the next 3 weeks.
My dad asked me if I was going to win the race in Solvang. I'm happy he believes I can, but I know I won't. I don't think I could run a mile in 6:23 and that's the pace of the winning women. My goal is to reach 1 hour, 30 minutes (15 minutes better than my times the last 2 years) and hopefully place. If I place I'll be stoked. There's always next year though for that pace (ha!)...
In the next 3 weeks, I'll be back in the 130s, holding a strong sub-8 pace, running lots of hilly routes and testing my willpower to avoid the salty crunch of chippies. Here's to pulling up my skinny jeans without a struggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment