The training today was all about pushups and ab work. It was killer, but I can tell that I'm much stronger than I was 2 weeks ago. I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already.
I made my own granola today. It's actually a bit more like muesli, but crunchy...muesola maybe? The foundation of the recipe comes from the La Dolce Vegan!, but I adjusted it a bit based on what was in the cupboard and what I wanted in the mix.

Spiced Cran-Apple Muesola
4 cups Trader Joe's Multigrain Hot Cereal
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried apple rings, roughly chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 300 F. In a large bowl, combine hot cereal, walnuts, sesame seeds and spices. Add water and vanilla extract and stir until well mixed. In two 9"x13" bake pans, spread out even amounts of the mixture on both pans and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool a bit, then stir in dried fruit. Makes 6 cups.
No comments:
Post a Comment