There goes another fun, and busy as ever weekend! There's something to be said about working every weekend, but still having a "weekend." Thank you friends that have 9-5ers.
I get worn out on Fridays, so after my usual shift at the studio I headed out to sushi to celebrate one of my running friend's birthday and first time EVER trying sushi. She did it, even with a shaky hand. She disliked the California Rolls and enjoyed the "delicate, light taste" of the raw salmon on rice. So proud of her. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon attempting to work on my graduate school applications, but to no avail. Little did I know, there was a reason for my lack of motivation that only the universe knew.
Saturday at work was slow, which allowed me to go head up to Ventura for a little outlet shopping trip and dinner with one of my besties and gayest straight man you'll know.
Sunday morning I enjoyed a bagel while sorting the mail and noticed a Portland State University envelope. My heart jumped and I promptly shoved the rest of my bagel in my mouth and opened the letter. I got in! YAY! I'll be a graduate student in the Fall. As a believer of fate, I guess my lack of motivation was just fiiiiiine. I really didn't need to write that essay on Virginia Woolf after all.
After jumping around, I headed out to meet up with the running crew for a nice, long jaunt along the bike path. Finishing the run at about an hour, 30 minutes, the sun's rays were only getting stronger, which made the return trip harder than the run out. I got lost in the beauty of the day - the beach, the water, Catalina clearly in the distance and basking in the relief and joy of getting into school!
The afternoon rounded out with a relaxing time on Mindy's patio with a delicious lunch of grilled turkey ciabatta, fruit salad and cookies. The number of cookies you eat, makes the meal that much better. Then I headed off to work to close and hopefully not ruin things. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment