Sunday, April 11, 2010

Training Day 6 & 7

Yesterday: Seal Beach 10k
Today: Rest (and well deserved)

I DID IT... almost!!! I almost threw up!

Holy crap, guys, I owned that Seal Beach 10k. I went into it just thinking like, "Whatevs... I'll just run it for fun." Then, once I crossed that start pad, I was off. It was way too easy to get by people and I just ran. And ran hard. I glanced down at my SportsBand occasionally to check out my pace and each time it said 7:23 or 7:45. I wanted a 7:59 average, but ended up with 7:23!

After mile 5 I slowed it down along the Riverbed Path and kept telling myself to "Maintain, maintain!" like Nanny used to tell us to do when we'd start to get rowdy. Once I jumped off the path and onto the street I was picking up the pace. It seemed like the finish line came up quickly at the start, so I thought I could take it. But, it was a bit farther than I estimated and I pushed it to the point of almost throwing up at the finish.

Official finish: 45:52. I got 131st overall, 17th female and 3rd 25-29.

I finished off the run with a chicken breakfast burrito and bloody mary at Yucatans before going to the Warrior Dash to cheer on Lori and Ashley and get extremely jealous I couldn't participate. Going to do the Northwest race in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment