Somewhere, somehow a 20 year old designer found the mother load - a bunch of old (sorry, "vintage") fabric. Denim, florals, lace, ruffles, spandex. Yup all of that. Said designer then flashed back to childhood and created several full fashion lines inspired by "Singles" and "Reality Bites". I swear, that's the only excuse for the insanity that is hanging on the racks of Forever 21.
I'm on the hunt for a great dress to wear to a couple weddings, but I'm on an limited budget. Sorry, anthropologie, I love you and all, but we can't be friends right now. The logical bet - Forever 21. I know its uber-trend 24/7 there, but generally you can find something cute. Not so much this time.
You know you're getting old when you're finding dresses, skirts, shorts, shirts, SHORT-ALLS (yes, short-alls are back) in the same cut and fabric that you wore in 3rd grade. There were a pair of AWESOME shorts that I swear I had in 3rd grade - faded navy denim with big pale pink roses and small white flowers adorning them. And don't forget the ruffle at the end of the legs. Or the baby doll dresses with the same awful navy, purple and orange-red flowers that must be worn with (a) Docs or (b) Keds and white ankle socks with bows and/or lace ruffle.


Ick, it's bad - it's very bad.
Anyway, on another serious note (although, the epidemic of teenagers buying what I wore almost 20 years ago is serious enough), I'm embracing my training routine. I've been lackadaisical about my training for so long, that I need to accept the structure if I'm going to get to my goal (1:29 at LB). The problem was I lost the love of just running to the point where it felt like a chore. 3 miles, no thanks, I'd much rather sit and watch Law and Order and eat chips and salsa thankyouverymuch. Good news, though. It came back to me over the past 2 weeks. I wake up and want to feel the rush of wind, the flex of muscles and the sweat grit left on my skin after a good hard run.
I told Kat and Mindy last night over drinks (really, Marg Monday turned into my last-hoorah-drinking-session-on-a-Monday-night-because-your-ass-is-getting-kicked) how important it is to me and how I need support so don't let me do things until you know I've completed my training for the day.
Umm, I may need to remind them again without the booze...
No comments:
Post a Comment