Monday, August 9, 2010

Whirlwind

What a crazy weekend - once again.

I got a brand new pair of running shoes on Friday after work, but I haven't had the time to test them out due to way too much fun this weekend.

You know, those mornings when you wake up and think that you'll never drink again... wedding + open bar + not enough sleep + 8.5 hour work day = No Fun Sunday.

After the working and shoe buying on Friday, I got my hair trimmed up and Eva gave me a super awesome blow dry and style to make sure it lasted into the next evening. I love that lady. I took the fancy hair-do out with Mindy to the BBC for happy hour. Our waitress was on point with the drinks, but not when I wanted my 2 chicken tacos at the happy hour price. I had to hunt her down to get the order in on time.

Saturday was a bit insane. I wasn't able to get my long run in as planned. I actually slept in! But only because I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep until 5:30am. It's been happening far too often. We had our first session of adventure kayaking! We took a group of about 10 people out kayaking through Huntington Harbor. After showing everyone the basics, some did a few drills on the water while others hung back. It's just a cool way to get out and enjoy the summer. No pressure... go at your own pace.

I ran home in time to go to Target to get something for the wedding and rushed home to get ready. First stop, though, was my cousin's 32nd birthday. We just chatted for a little bit as the dinner was prepped for later that night. I rushed off about 6:15pm to get Colleen and get our butts to Kristin's wedding.


ceremony

It was a gorgeous wedding down at Sea Cliff Country Club in Huntington Beach. We were late, but saw the kiss at least! I guess Drew recited a section from the Dr. Seuss book "The Places You'll Go" as part of his vows. So sweet. And Kristin looked stunning. There was an open bar, so Colleen and I imbibed too much vodka (more so her than me...driver, hi). I caught the bouquet, too! I wasn't trying. Promise. I was hanging out on the outskirts and it was thrown lopsided. I just reached my monkey arms on up and grabbed it. I wanted it more for it's beauty than the traditional meaning. My horoscopes recently have all been about romance, though... Dun dun dun.

I woke up Sunday morning not so happy. I was just tired and had a slight headache. Could have been the champagne. It's always the champagne... And that I had to work 8.5 hours. I wanted to die. My head hurt, my feet were killing me because of the heels and I just wanted to be home and knew there was no way I could get out of there early. Luckily it wasn't busy.

I'm thinking of taking the new shoes out for a spin tonight, but after my nap this afternoon I'm finding everything to be difficult. Tomorrow it's back to the training plan. I saw that too much. I mean it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment