I'm totally nerding out over clothes for San Francisco. I've just realized that I don't have the accessories to keep warm while waiting for the gun at 5:32 am (That start time is still tripping me out).
I want some arm warmers since they won't add much bulk to what I'm carrying I'm warm enough. I hate to have anything bouncing around on me. Then I'll probably wear a tank and my adidas capris. But as I browse more, I also want a new tank top. I've never been one for athletic tops. I feel like wearing my collection of race shirts and $4 Forever 21 tanks is fine. I'm just working out... I've never spent the time to try on athletic tops because I've found in the past they don't fit me very well (I'm short torsoed, but have some hips and shirts don't lie over them well). Plus, most tops sold in stores are so blaaah.
I just found this site specifically for women - www.teamestrogen.com. The name of the site I could do without, but helloooooo cute clothes! And even tanks that look to be cut longer than most. Okay, so things are a bit pricey and I have a hard time of buying clothes that I'm just going to sweat in. But I do spend $30 on sports bras, $25 on shorts, $100 on shoes, so why can't I throw down $20 - $30 on a good, supportive, wicking and long tank!?
Welcome to the mind of a woman looking to justify spending money on something that is just going to get soaked in sweat. Seriously though, lets be honest... although races are getting smart and giving registered runners tech shirts, these are cut for rectangles and are generally less than cute (Helllooooo, Solvang).
No comments:
Post a Comment