I like starting things on a Tuesday. Mondays are too difficult to muster motivation and if I do then it's just a prelude to what's to come. The first class to the rest of my life starts Tuesday afternoon - The Short Story. I may have a class on Monday and it will take on the role of an introduction. Come Tuesday, it's on. I have my notebook, awesome Babushka folder and fruit-scented highlighters. Yeah - be jealous.
I started training for my three upcoming races (yes, three). We're only on Day Two and only eight miles in. The cramping above my knees has gone away, but has been replaced by very tight quads. That's what I get for taking so much time off to pig out.
I'm slowly easing back into the training mentality and making running my second priority (as much as I'd like it to be first, studying my ass off in school is #1). I'm changing my diet to more plant based foods with some good whole grains mixed in. I'm not drinking anything carbonated or fermented -- it's water or iced tea all the way.
Finalized training schedule comes tomorrow. Right now I'm just getting the miles in to make it easier for when my schedule gets ridic next week.
City to the Sea Half Marathon - 45 days (10/10)
Long Beach Half Marathon - 58 days (10/17)
Big Sur Half Marathon - 81 days (11/14)
No comments:
Post a Comment