I love kayaking. I do. I'd marry it if I could. I may cheat on it with rowing or paddle boarding. Just being honest. What can I say? I have a thing for oars.
Today was the second week of kayaking adventure (woo!) and we went a bit further this time, fought some headwinds, currents and near decapitation due to high tide. I have two small calluses forming on the inside of my thumbs. It's like the old crew days, it is, it is. The days when my hands were covered in blisters, calluses and medical tape and I lived in spandex shorts and tanks.
I find comfort in few places, but on the water is one of them. I love the rush of the water along the hull, creating backsplash when the oar cuts the water and the whirlpools that line my path like breadcrumbs. I also feel at home in my room and driving along the 101 north of Santa Barbara. Is that weird? To feel peace and comfort on a highway? It's so scenic and relaxing and looking out the windshield the only thing that is visible is the horizon. I love it.
I've added a little mileage counter to this blog through . My goal is 30-40 miles per week, so obviously I'm a little bit off this week. To maintain accountability, here's my schedule for next week:
Sunday: 12 miles
Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: 8 miles (tempo)
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 6 miles (hill sprints at end)
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 2 miles
Sunday: OFF
No comments:
Post a Comment