I believe things happen for reasons. I'll be completely candid - I really thought I screwed my life up. I was forced to put school on hold once again. I was facing another 5 months of crazy hours, being overworked and just flat out exhausted. Then on Wednesday things started to fall into place.
I had a delicious dinner with my old customer turned friend, Dave, at a new Cuban restaurant. Super good. We chatted about school and he mentioned that he enrolled in continuation courses at UCI. Light bulb - Long Beach has continuation courses! I then discovered Open University, which allows people who are not admitted to the school to take classes. The slight hitch is that I must go to the classes on the first day and petition to get in... then pay upfront.
Gotta do what I gotta do. I created a "Map to Enrollment." I found all the classes I'm interested in taking and made a schedule with class name, number, teacher, times and location. Then I will go to each one. I'm not going to be picky. If I can get into one, I'm taking it. My schedule is totally up in the air now. But I have opportunities on the horizon, which I'm very excited to pursue. Partially because my life will be mostly school and my income will be the same as what I'm making now, but working half the hours.
Uhh, and running hasn't been happening. I couldn't get a run in after work on Sunday because my mom's car broke down and I had to go get her and run errands before we went to a neighbor's wake. Then today, I had to take her to pick up her car during the small window between jobs. I don't have to wake up early tomorrow, so hopefully I can get a long run in before work at 11am.
No comments:
Post a Comment