![]() |
| From It's Beans, yo! |
Throw in a bunch of work and you sort of lose track of time for anything - especially training for that marathon looming out in February.
I'll be honest, the lack of sleep, the constant running around and all the shenanigans was well worth not working out.
Friday night some friends had a superhero costume party at their restaurant. I was Mighty Mouse. Do you know how hard it is to find a pair of red shorts!? I got home around 11:45pm (had to get out of those colors before midnight, or else I'd turn into a USC fan!) and had to be up at 4:30am.
A bit sleep deprived, I worked until 11am and ran home to change into the proper colors for the weekend and headed up to LA for Oregon v. USC game. What a game. It was a nail biter until the 4th when the Ducks finally started playing like the Ducks. I can't wait to go to more games next year! GO DUCKS!
Sunday morning, I donned the Mighty Mouse costume again for work at 5:30am, snuck in a nap after work then went to Lori's to get dolled up for the Tiger Army concert. It really is the best way to spend a Halloween night - dressed up with a bunch of tattooed boys. Mmmm. They played the album Power of Moonlight from start to finish along with a few other favorites and songs they've never played live before.
As I expected, half way through the set, a mosh pit broke out right in front of us. This usually doesn't bother me. I've been on the outskirts of many a pit. There were just three guys in this pit that were not following etiquette. They were flinging each other into people and security wasn't doing anything about it. Well, they flung one guy toward where I was watching the show and the guy standing in front of me was knocked back into me and stomped on my foot. It swelled and bruised nearly instantly and I couldn't put weight on it or wiggle my toes. I thought it was broken, but was more concerned that my training was over.
Thankfully, I can walk on it like a normal person. It has forced me to put my foot up, rest and try to beat this cold that also attacked my system. Oh, too much fun.
I'm starting the training again today. Taking it easy for now. I need to update my training schedule and I'll post that later.
Happy running!

No comments:
Post a Comment