The course was gorgeous. It runs through all the touristy spots of Monterey into Pacific Grove and along 17 Mile Drive. The race was an out and back so at mile 6, the elites were racing by. So cool to see. I've never seen professional long distance runners mid-course so it was pretty exciting. After the turn around, I suffered a bout of vertigo from running against the shadows of the runners heading toward the turn around. I finished in 1:47.07. Not too bad for starting in Corral E, getting boxed in, pushed off the course and running an extra 0.25 miles because I had to zig-zag around people.
I took some time off because my legs were beat from all the racing and edited my training calendar. Since I started training again, I've had amazing runs! The feeling of flying with each step is back and I feel like I could always keep going past the finish line.
With the end of the semester coming to a close, I've been overwhelmed with school work. I've been so overly tired that I haven't been running. I'll be back tomorrow. I've only missed one run, so it's not too bad.
During my week off, I got to see Alkaline Trio (yes, I went after the race on Sunday) and Vinnie Caruana (from The Movielife and I Am the Avalanche) the following Tuesday. It's great re-living 2002.
| From It's Beans, yo! |
| From It's Beans, yo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment