Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mini-me

It appears I have done it again - I've ignored my little blog site. I apologize. Things took a turn for the crazy and I haven't had much time for running, which in turn has left me with not much to write about. I keep track of my mileage at dailymile.com, so I have been keeping track and letting the public know of my runs, but, just not here. I'll change that!

I'm on a countdown... the City to the Sea Half Marathon is in 14 days; Long Beach Half is in 21 days. I haven't run more than an hour since San Francisco in July and I haven't even run this week. Well, I take that back, I did sprints on Monday. After Wednesday, I lost motivation. I wasn't feeling well, I was exhausted, I was stressed out, I was full of anxiety (thanks doctor's visits) and it was hot.

While not the best of ideas, I put together a pretty horrific (if I train with you don't read this) training schedule that will allow little tapering, but will at least get the mileage in. Keep in mind it's also supposed to be in the 90-100s all week. Awesome.

Sunday, 9/26 - 80 minutes
Monday, 9/27 - 5 miles (hilly) and circuit training
Tuesday, 9/28 - 7 miles (tempo and flat) and circuit training
Wednesday, 9/29 - 3 miles (hilly)
Thursday, 9/30 - 9 miles (flat) and circuit training
Friday, 10/1 - 3 miles and circuit training
Saturday, 10/2 - 2 miles (race pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment