Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Excuses? No. Reasons!

Not too long ago (say, ohhh, maybe 4 days ago), I posted my training program for the week and I was stoked. I was ready. I wanted to run. Then summer arrived... 111 degrees in Long Beach.

I live 5 blocks from the beach and my thermostat read triple digits. Awesome if you're one of those complainers who said summer never showed up. Not so awesome when you have a long-ish run planned when you get off work at 1pm. So, Monday didn't happen. Neither did Tuesday. Well, almost, I did do circuit training under a ceiling fan. Note: move before doing any sort of jumping exercise. So, tonight I'll get in a quick, hilly 3 miler and maybe 7 miles tomorrow after class given that outside doesn't feel like a furnace. Then a long run on Friday followed by another longer run on Sunday. Then taper time.

I'm starting to worry that I won't be ready for the race in San Luis Obispo. I'm debating whether to run it for the miles and race the following week in Long Beach. Or race it and run Long Beach for funsies.

Whatever I decide, I'm excited to get to the Central Coast for a few days. It's been far too long since I've been there for an extended stay. I can smell the Dutch apple pie from the Madonna Inn and just want to eat at Big Sky. Mmmm... Big Sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment