Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall

I love everything about this time of year: the start of school, crisp and cool mornings, the fashion, pumpkin everything, Halloween, crunchy leaves on a run, ending evenings with a hot cup of tea.

The appearance of The September issue on newsstands marks the start of the season and me drooling over back-to-school boots, jackets and cardigans. Then comes pumpkin lattes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, candles... hell, I'll even go for the pumpkin beer. The cooler evenings are perfect for a cup of tea that won't leave me sweltering.

In California, the crunch of leaves comes much later in the season, but it's still my favorite part. I feel like a kid every time I hear the crunch, crunch, crunch as I run past a house that hasn't raked up all the fallen reds, oranges and yellows. So, houses in Belmont Heights... be lazy! Leave those leaves to blow away. Have a cup of tea with a pumpkin cookie and snuggle up to a good book.

On another note, I have today off (kinda, just have a short meeting) and decided to start a project of taking pictures of my days. It may be repeatious (is that a word?). Anyway, should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment