Friday, June 25, 2010

Gone Baby Gone

I've had the same bobbed, a-line, choppy hair cut for 7 years. Over the years, I've told Eva (my beloved hair stylist) many times that I want to grow it out, so don't cut too much off. Only to go back in 6 weeks to tell her to "Chop it off!"

I hate when it curls under a shirt collar or just lays oddly on the shoulders. Whenever my hair got to that point, I would tell Eva to chop it. Eva finally put her foot down 3 months ago when I told her, once again, "Just trim it. I want to grow it out." She stopped, cocked her head and asked, "For real this time?" I agreed yes and she said, "Fine, but if you come in in 6 weeks asking me to cut it off, I'm just going to trim it and tell you 'Too bad.'"

Now my hair has grown past the annoying phase and is now a long, boring cut. We planned it this way... The last time I saw Eva I told her when I come in again she'll have free reign on my head. I can't say anything. Do what you want.

Today is the day. Eva can do whatever she wants. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment