Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pumpin'

I'd like to give myself some props... yesterday was my first day as a coach. Scary. Seriously scary. But with a quick scan of the sage words from my mentor before meeting up with the two ladies, I was ready to steer them in the right direction. We had to conquer the beast, Hill Street.

{hill street. taken from temple ave}

I went over the tips in the email and tried elaborate using other terms that may click better. We started out at our long run pace and did 30 second race pace sprints with a 3 minutes recovery four times. Then finished downhill with 8 minutes at our long run pace again. I think because we went downhill on the way back, our times were cut short a bit. We may go out 16 minutes next time to make up for the downhill speed.

My stomach has been all sorts of messed up recently. I just feel off and with each meal it churns away. I haven't been eating that well recently, though. I think I need to get back on track and hopefully things will settle down. I think I'll pick up some probiotic drink tomorrow.

Oh, and good news... the boy doesn't hate me. His phone died Saturday and he was without a charger (as always). I knew that was it all along, but of course, I didn't want to believe my own rationale. All is fine and dandy is flirty land!

No comments:

Post a Comment