Sunday, June 13, 2010

Smooth Sailing

Training has been going very well. My pace is dropping and it feels comfortable. I swam last Monday and plan to go at least once or twice a week. I'm trying to find comfort in the water. I get claustrophobic with my head under water - the swim cap, the goggles, the humidity of an indoor pool all make me anxious. I'm sure I embarrass my friend as I do laps with my head above water, but at least I'm making the workouts more difficult by creating so much drag. Right? Right!? As far as training goes, I've sort of lost some momentum over the weekend, but have worked out my beer curling arm.

Friday and Saturday I spent the day by the Queen Mary for Ink and Iron, lusting after more tattoos, beautiful custom cars (there were ZERO Hudsons, though. What is wrong people!?) and enjoying some awesome music.

{c'mon... the 1954 Hudson Hornet > 1954 Chevy and/or Ford}

Friday was rockibilly night with Reverend Horton Heat and freakin' Merle Haggard headlining! We left a little early to beat the crowd. Plus, after deciding to get a tattoo right then and there, Kat was wiped out.

Saturday hosted an awesome punk line-up: The Aggrolites, The Bronx, Swingin' Utters (they looked SO old), Hepcat, Stiff Little Fingers (again, so old) and the original line up of X. It was simply amazing. Hepcat stole the weekend, though. They get up there, start to play their little jazzy-ska numbers and all these punk kids start bobbing their heads. Two songs in I would challenge you to find someone that wasn't dancing. Which just leads me to question: Why isn't ska making a come back? It's so happy and you can get a dude with an 8" mohawk, studded vest and creepers to skank.

Mindy and I finished up the weekend yesterday with a cruise on Rusty and Petunia, some Lola's for lunch and beers at Gallagher's. After our lunch, we wanted to go out for another drink, but couldn't decide where to go. Being the resourceful women we are, we wrote down the bars within walking distance on a piece of paper and drew one. Hence, the trip to Gallagher's. I was weary to making the trip because the boy may have been there, but luckily he wasn't.

I think I may have crossed the line to crazy girl over the weekend with one too many texts about meeting up. I was toeing it on Thursday, but may have made the jump on Friday. I only wanted to hang out, but I may have pushed the issue one too many times because I stopped getting responses. Eek. I'm debating whether I bring it up or just play it off. I hate playing games. I don't think we are... I don't know, though. I just like the kid and miss hanging out. That's it. That's not out of the question, but I can see where it may have been too clingy. Ugh. I wish these things could be easy. It would put my mind at ease to tell him, "Look... I know I was pushy, but I honestly just wanted to hang out. I like you." But, I also agree see that bringing it up may plant the seed in his head that I thought I was crazy and therefore, I am. So frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment