Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mission: San Francisco

My mission begins today. The San Francisco Half Marathon is 50 days away. It will be an early morning (5:32am start time - for reals?!), it will probably be foggy and cold, the hills will more than likely resemble mountains and I'm feeling that not matter how hard I train and prepare, I won't be ready.

{evidence of my imminent death}

We put together a program of hill workouts, tempo runs, long runs, yoga and a trail run or two. I'm adding swimming to my repertoire. And just for the hell of it, I'm going up to the mountains a couple days out of the week to run. Honestly, I think I need to make the trek... after 8 miles of hills the Golden Gate Bridge is going to appear and steal all sorts of energy. And I'm not going to let it.

I'm probably being over-dramatic, but I don't care. I think this race is going to be a beast and I want to kill it in 1 hour, 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment