Sunday, July 10, 2011

Owww

Not sure how I feel about trail running yet. This morning we attempted a 13 mile run along Wildwood and Leif Erikson trails in Forest Park. The climb up is a killer and by the time we go to the trailhead, we were already beat. It didn't help that I wasn't feeling well and Jeremiah was still recovering from his bachelor party on Friday night. Rather then a run, it was more of a run-walk-stretch-run.

I felt it all over--in my legs, back and shoulders. Good form be damned. I was running hunched with a wonky gait.

We agreed on the walk (yes, we walked the last mile... we were beat) that we will conquer that trail by Labor Day.

My summer goals are pretty simple:
1. Get back to pil-oga-robic. I don't really have the funds, but I feel SO MUCH better when I'm going there. Much more focused, less anxiety and it's fun! And what's $100 for a month of health?
2. Don't bonk next weekend in Seattle.
3. Eat well!
4. Conquer Wildwood by Labor Day
5. Let the streak continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment