Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 1

I decided against starting my streak yesterday since I got caught up in 4th of July festivities. It seems fitting to start this streak with a revised diet anyway. Fewer dates to remember.

My 4th of July was amazing. Good show Portland, you made it easy to be away from the boat, the Queen Mary and my family on my favorite holiday. Friends, food, fireworks!

Back to the streak... here I sit after Day 1. It would be easy to say the difficulty of this run was caused by dehydration from too much sodium and alcohol yesterday, lack of restful sleep or inconsistent training, and I'm sure all those played a factor, but it was simply just hot! I used to love to run in this weather, but after one winter in Portland, my California skin has thickened and 85 degrees is no longer ideal, but too warm.

Now it's time to chug some water and take a cool shower.

Day 1: 3 miles (7:57 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment