I was so excited for July to start, I decided the last two days of June were July -2 and -1. Thursday, July -1 was girl's night and we made a trip up to Last Thursdays on Alberta. Overstimulated with the crowds and all the vendors, artists and performers, we finished the night with a late night happy hour at Hawthorne Hopworks.
The actual first day of July, I didn't do anything except bail on work at 11:30 instead of 12:30. I just wasn't feeling it and there's nothing to do. And even though it was super nice and sunny outside, I stayed in and read, watched movies and cooked.
Today I woke up to an apartment flooded with sunlight at 6:30am, went on a little run, grabbed a bagel and coffee from Kettleman, and now I'm waiting to watch the first day of the Tour de France. This is when I nerd out for the next three weeks and thankfully I have a friend here who is as much of a cycling dork as me.
The rest of the month will be awesome because, for one, July is Oregon Craft Beer Month! Plus, I'm seeing Riverboat Gamblers, Alkaline Trio, going to Seattle to race with my running group back home at the See Jane Run Half and friends are visiting at the end of the month for Beerfest! Plus I'm sure there will be plenty of days spent hanging in the sunshine. So excited for the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment