Beer Fest was quite the adventure and although I strategically planned the group's travels, I totally failed on my method of sampling. My tummy was not too happy with me for filling it with beer (most of it extremely delicious, but high ABV) and baked goods (SUGAR!) and very little actual food. I was just so excited! I wanted to try all of them!
We sat down to eat around 1:15pm. I ate two chicken tenders, a few calamari, half a crab cake and some chips. Does not exactly help in the beer-soaking-upage. After the next two stops and getting lost walking to the final (don't let 5 people who have been drinking for 4 hours try to find a brewery in a new neighborhood), I was toast. I came home, napped for two hours and watched movies.
I luckily made the smart decision to not go to the tattoo shop to talk about my new piece. I could see it now, me slurring with half shut eyes, "Hey dudes, I want this gypsy, sugar skull nesting doll with roses and hearts. You got it? Cool. Peace." Hopefully this Friday or Sunday. I'm taking a super quick overnight trip to Seattle on Saturday. A friend of mine is testing at fire academies and this weekend he's going to Seattle, so I said I'd go up there and hang out. This time I can get my Coastal Kitchen on. Yummm!
Tomorrow I'm picking back up with my training. My body was calling out for more rest after the marathon. The days are getting longer. It seems like all of a sudden it started staying light past 4:30pm. It's freezing out there this morning though and all I want to do is stay in bed. Unfortunately, I cannot. School calls, but I have another 20 minutes of relaxation before I need to get ready. Education smeducation.
No comments:
Post a Comment