Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Two Weeks

It's probably been two weeks since I've gone for a run. I have two weeks left of the quarter and two weeks until the Shamrock Run. Also, candy has become a meal rather then a treat over the past two weeks. So, despite all that sugar coursing its way through my blood system (oh, and gallons of caffeine...), I've only felt lethargic, the last runs I've gone on have lacked passion and drive and felt like a chore. I haven't had the motivation to go out there and run, mostly because one look at the stack of papers I need to read and then write about that deters me from lacing up and running through the rain.

There's really nothing that I love more then going out for a run in the rain. I love everything about it... the rain drops rolling down my nose, the cling of my shirt, jumping over puddles and the occasional tidal wave from a passing car.

I'm hoping that a good run in the rain will ignite some passion and I won't be crawling up and rolling down the hills during Shamrock Run. The good thing is that I've been pretty focused on my school work. The end of the term snuck up on me. There's multiple pages in my notebook that look like this...
{oh, grad school...}


For example, this is my life, currently:
- Write final paper on anything I want about the publishing world (I'm focusing on marketing strategy or the book revolution from print to digital and how print can still be a form of the book)
- Figure out what needs to be done for our group project, delegate and put together all 60 or so pages!
- Write final paper for English (still need prompt)
- Annotated bibliography (10-15 sources) on Chopin's portrayal of marriage in her novels
- Marketing plan for my cookbook (finish writing copy, design pages, logo, book cover, blurbs, re-do budget, klasdfkljerkljadsfklerkl!!!!!)
- Revise marketing plan for book already in print (contact partner and set up a time to go over everything)

And, I think that's it? Maybe? I'm antsy just to get it all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment