My apologies for the disappearing act, but I took a slight vacation to juggle life. My new adventure (and Couch Surfing Tour 2011) in Portland started on New Year's Eve. It was a low key New Year's with homemade pizzas, beer and "Old School". Part of my tour took me to Seattle to stay with my fat kid twin sister, Louisa.
Seattle treated me well with lots of delicious food, wine, a vegan white russian (I had to try it!) and happiness from seeing Louisa so in love that I wanted to barf a little bit.
I started school the Tuesday after arriving in Portland and, so far, I love it. I really feel like I'm heading down the right path and I'm so excited to experience, learn and grow with this program. It's going to be lots of work, but I'm motivated to do well and take of new projects that it doesn't feel like work. To give you a clue of "work", my homework list is half a page long -- helloooooo grad school!
Running, well, that has fallen off my list of priorities. But, I have a renewed sense of motivation! I'm squeezing in a bunch of training in the next 3.5 weeks. When I took on this marathon challenge, I told myself I wouldn't repeat the mistakes of 2005. The lack of training until 3 weeks before, the bad diet, the not prioritizing my schedule. The only difference this year is my diet - I've maintained a well balanced diet. No longer am I allowing myself to use the excuses of the end of a semester, moving, starting a new program and sleeping on couches. No excuses for the next 3.5 weeks. Even if I have to run 20 miles around an indoor track. So be it.
No comments:
Post a Comment