Sunday, December 19, 2010

Looking Ahead

Where did December go!? I'm moving to Portland in 9 days. I have 5 more shifts of slinging coffee and 4 more shifts of checking people into class.

With the start of a new life and much increased mileage, I decided to put together a tentative running schedule. I'm excited to run and subsequently race more. Here we go:

February 6: Surf City Marathon - Huntington Beach, CA (Also the last of my California Dreamin' series)
March 3: Portland Shamrock 15k - Portland, OR
May 1: Eugene Marathon - Eugene, OR
May 8: Santa Barbara Wine Country Half - Santa Ynez/Solvang, CA (I love this race. It's a Mothers' Day tradition and also the race with my best time despite the crazy hills)
September 4: Oregon Wine Country Half - somewhere outside of Portland (Same organizers of the Santa Barbara race)
September 10: Warrior Dash 5k - right outside of Portland
October 17: SF Nike Womens' marathon/Long Beach marathon/Portland marathon (These all fall on the same day and I'll have to pick one)

I need to find a race in July, but will be taking August off from racing. My childhood best friend is getting married in Montana the first weekend of August and one of my close friends from college is getting married the following weekend in San Francisco. Maybe I'll find a race in Montana! That'd be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment