As Surf City quickly approaches, I can confidently say I'm going through with the full marathon.
Don't get me wrong, I'm full of anxiety and fear. But I've realized the only person looking at my time is me; everyone else is just watching me complete a goal.
I've surrounded myself with a group of exceptional runners who run for the sake of running and, amazingly and happily, coordinate an insane strategy to make sure their cheers are heard from the road at various mile markers (if they aren't racing themselves...). We're proud of each other for finishing and even attempting a distance that only a small (and crazy) portion of the world's population completes.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those women are the reason I'll make it across that line.
Hey, Jill! I didn't realize you're a blogger! Me too! :) Now I can blog stalk you too. ;)
ReplyDeletePlease do! Knowing someone is reading it will be motivation to post more often! :)
ReplyDelete