Sunday, October 9, 2011

Recharge. Re Do.

I'm going to start this baby up again. I go on streaks with this blog, but I've realized when I'm in these streaks I'm much more aware of the world, family, friends and most importantly, me. Having a place to express yourself, albeit extremely public, is rejuvenating. I feel like I've lost touch with myself. Like I'm sort of floating along in this haze. I'm not centered or focused or calm. The reason I started writing here was to track my training, which kept me accountable for what I put my body through each day. And when I'm training, I'm much more focused and much less anxious. This place gives me a space to write. I could talk about my running all day to my mom or friends, but writing it down is so much more cathartic. Having a place to reflect on the lucid journey my mind went on while I wind through neighborhoods, trails and parkways is exactly what I need to find myself again.

Which leads me to another reason why I need this little place in cyber space. It's the most disturbing reason of them all. At least to me...

My love for the written word has waned.

All I've written these past months are texts and emails. I can't finish, let alone start, a book. My mind is too frenetic. I haven't set aside time for me. Time to be free of the computer, the phone and the stresses of work.

Without taking the time to get away, get out and get free, my work suffers, my social skills suffer, my mind suffers.

So here's to another streak... one of discovery, of beating challenges, of elation, of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment