Monday, October 10, 2011

Fresh

{happy when it rains, via fleurbn}

Day 1: one hell of a run.

I didn't even realize how fast I was going. I was just going.
Letting go.
Free.
Loved every minute of it.

My love for running is at its zenith during this time of year. I love running on roads soaked with freshly fallen rain and over fragrant leaves toppled from waterlogged boughs. As a kid, I loved the minutes after rainfall when everything was clean and the drops of water from big trees kept the rainstorm around a few minutes longer. The neighborhood kids and I would race leaves down the gutter, splash each other as we stomped through puddles, ride boogie boards down slicked grassy hills and on occasion, thanks to southern California drainage systems being unaccustomed to rainfall, take a canoe ride down the street.

The best part of all this was getting stuck in another deluge. With the drops dripping off eyelashes and noses, we'd laugh and squeal without a care. And it still is. It sadly started to rain once I finished my run, but it's okay. I'm truly happy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment