Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Final Countdown

I've learned so much over the past months and HOURS on Craigslist and the websites of various property management agencies I found through Craigslist ads. I now know that H/W means "hardwood", 6/9/12 denote lease options and "don't pass this up!" really means "you should keep looking".

In 7 days, nearly to the minute I type this, I'll be on a plane for the great Northwest to find a place to live and, maybe (fingers crossed), a job. It'll be a relief to search in the city. I can handle Craigslist only so much more.

I've narrowed down the neighborhoods I think I would like based on the Google Street views. Mt. Tabor seems to best fit into what I want: away from the hustle and bustle, but still within walking or a bus trip to the hub-bub, nice tree lined streets, decent amount of parking, old buildings (it's all about character) and homes and the major perk - a massive park! Hello perfect runs. From the Google views the streets all have good cars and the houses seem to be well maintained.

I'm slightly obsessed with a building I found and I hope that it's still available to view next week and I can maybe snag it! It's just a studio, big windows, old tiles, built-ins, dark wood trim and vintage fixtures. It's a given that "vintage" means the place will have some annoyances (ahem, plumbing and water pressure), but the cuteness sometimes outweighs and imperfections.

2 comments:

  1. Mt. Tabor is a great area. And the park is fantastic. Have you spent time in Portland before? I lived there for 10 years, and still miss it. Hopefully you'll love it too!

    -Chaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chaya! My time in Portland has been fairly limited, but enough to know I will love it! I lived in Eugene for a couple years and spent most of my weekends going to concerts in Portland. I can't wait to explore next week.

    ReplyDelete