Friday, May 7, 2010

Training Days 32 & 33

Thursday (Day 32): 3 mile easy, peasy run
Friday (Day 33): REST

I did my easy run yesterday and tested out the old Lunar Glide insoles. They worked! My foot slid around a bit, much like it did when I ran in the Lunars, but not major problems. I liked relying on the shoe structure for arch support, rather than the compacted foam from the custom insoles. It's still time for a new pair of shoes, but I can at least make it through the race tomorrow and then maybe a bit of recovery.

I'm going to attempt to time my shoe purchase around the upcoming San Francisco Half in July. The hard part being the time I'm going to spend running on hills. The downhill kills the shoe much quicker than just running on a relatively flat surface. I think that's the trouble I ran into this training series. We'll see what I can do...

Now it's time to pack up and head out! Solvang here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment