Monday (Day 29): 5.75 miles
Tuesday (Day 30): 3.05 miles (hilly run)
Only two more runs before the big race! I did a medium distance run on Monday. It was pretty warm out, but it was so nice along the bike path. There was a nice breeze heading out, but nothing like Sunday. I love running into a breeze because it's a great cooling mechanism. Coming back the wind was behind me, so the sweat started to roll into my eyes and I felt a bit overheated.
Yesterday I decided my legs need to remember what hills are and formed my own fairly hilly route. There were two pretty strong peaks, but the rest was fairly rolling. I read a report on how to run downhill and focused on making sure I followed that technique. It's a controlled falling using short strides. It felt pretty good, but my legs are a bit tired. I'll be running 7 miles today and then tapering down to 3 again tomorrow and then a rest day on Friday. Then RACE DAY!!!
As I was plugging in my Nike+ to get the stats on my runs, I noticed they are hiring Nike Correspondents. And with that, running is slowly taking over my life...
No comments:
Post a Comment