It's Friday night and I'm curled up in a chair. The first Friday after my first year as a grad student. The first day it's been over 70 degrees and sunny in I don't even know when. A Friday evening that calls for being outdoors, a BBQ and a beer... and I've been in my PJs since 6pm. Serious, party town over here. Not saying that I don't want to be out, but I'd rather be here. In the quiet, listening to the hum of my fridge and fighting the urge to go to bed at 9pm.
All the craziness of the past couple weeks, the loneliness that is creeping into my psyche, the lethargic tendencies brought on by a bad eating habits and lack of exercise, makes me excited to get this summer started.
The summer two years ago was dubbed "The Summer of Awesome" and I'm ready for the sequel. The weeks will still be crazy (yay! new job!), I'm hoping the loneliness will go away (I like a boy) and I have more time to make good meals and more sunlight to run, hike and maybe ride a bike (if anything I'll feel good).
Here's to sunshine, love and health.
No comments:
Post a Comment